Thursday, October 27, 2011

My Pool Makes Me Happy

It makes me happy to look at the crystal clear, blue water in my pool.  I see calm tranquility, a life in control reflected in its waters.  Looking at my pool did NOT make me happy one month ago.  When I looked at it I saw the things that needed to be done.  I couldn't see the peaceful blue water, instead I saw the never ending list of tasks related to pool upkeep:  vacuuming, skimming, brushing, buying chemicals.  I saw a life out of control when I looked at that pool.  An undertow of negativity tugging at the rest of my life.

So what happened?  I hired a pool service.  John Fortney of JB's Pools happened.  John turned my cement pond of never ending chores into satisfaction in the absolute control of that one facet of my life.  That makes me happy.  A happiness that ripples throughout the rest of my life.  Rain on a pool means that every stick, leaf and twig of nature in the near vicinity, every granule of pollen, every bloom of algae in a 5 mile radius will be dumped into my pool.  Rain requires that someone (used to be me) get all the particles back out again physically and chemically.  When we got that wonderful rain a few weekends back and it brought the crystal clear, blue water in my pool to that rain induced pale green, I laughed.  It's not my problem!  John will take care of it!  I am in control because I know this pool will be cared for by a professional and I get to reap the benefits.  I like not getting bogged down in "what the heck is going on with this chemical balance?"  John has all the expertise and experience to handle it quickly and efficiently.  I am in control because I know that when I look at my pool now, it is all possibility.  Possibility for parties and shrieks of joy from the splashing kids and from calming peace in the crystal blue water. 

What does my pool have to do with your bookkeeping?  Everything!  When you think about your books, what is your first thought?  Is your first thought a flood of tasks that need to be done:  this month's bank statement has arrived and the last one isn't yet reconciled; data entry that's not up to date; did that vendor get paid?  Who knows!   Contrast the task list with having someone else, an expert, handle all those things.  It's a feeling of being in control when you can look at your books and know that you could pull a financial statement right now and get a current, accurate picture of how your business is doing; knowing that tax time is streamlined because it doesn't involve a flurry of activity to get everything current and verified. 

I could take care of my pool, been doing it for years, but why?  Why not let John do for me what he's expert at!  That leaves me more time to do for others what I'm expert at, QuickBooks bookkeeping and troubleshooting!  And as the name of my company says, that creates more Found Time for you to do what you are expert at!  And, you get that feeling of being in control knowing that it is all taken care of and you didn't have to do it!!
If you, too, would like to look at your pool happily, call John at 512-818-5775 or email him at jbspools11@gmail.com. 

Photography by Jay Baum, www.jaybaumphotography.blogspot.com

1 comment: